To research and answer the questions below, use the link suggestions
for each question.
- What is Sick Building Syndrome?
- Legionnaire's Disease and Bird Fever are both airborne illnesses.
Do these diseases have anything in common?
- What does the real-life Kee Malesky do for a living?
**Special Investigation: Listen to an interview with the real
Kee Malesky and see how well you do on the spring-cleaning quiz.
- What does the expression "breaking the mold" mean?
How does Kee fit this meaning of "breaking the mold?"
- Some indoor air contaminants are not mentioned in "Breaking
the Mold." These include but are not limited to lead, carbon
monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, asbestos, and secondhand smoke.
What can you find out about these indoor air pollutants, their
sources, health effects, and ways to control them?
- Why do you think Kee believes her asthma was triggered by
Stachybotrys mold instead of a more common form of mold, such
as Cladosporium, Penicillium, Aspergillus, or Alternaria mold?
Is there a chance that Kee is mistaken?
Overview | Using the Video
Lesson Plans | Resources | Purchase the Video
BREAKING THE MOLD | Water
+ ? = Trouble